Friday, December 25, 2009

ONE MORE FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS

Well, Christmas has come and is almost gone. It is the evening of Christmas day and the presents have been opened and the food has been stuffed away in more ways than one! I have so much to be thankful for. You know the older I get the more I realize that it truly is more blessed to give than to receive. Spending time with the ones you love is such a blessed gift. I would love to have just one more day with my father. I would do nothing but sit and talk and tell him how much I love him and how important he is to me. Our time on this earth is so very short and the decisions we make in this life have eternal consequences. I know that some who read this blog may not agree and that's OK I don't agree with some of the stuff I read that people say. I do believe that it is important that we take the time to think about things eternal and not just temporal.

Christmas... what a concept...... that the Creator of all things sent his only Son to a fallen depraved race so that He could have a relationship once again with the only thing He created in His own image. Crazy, fiction, lunacy, I know those who think so but I don't. It makes perfect sense to me. I don't need to understand everything before I believe it. In fact, everyone is that way,they just don't realize it. Think about it for a minute. What are some of the things you believe in that you don't understand? I believe in a lot of things I don't understand. So why is it that so many refuse to believe in the Bible and a God that loves so much that He would send His only Son to save us because we can not save ourselves? Is it really so hard to believe? Or is it that there is something in us as humans that doesn't want to admit that we need a Savior. "I'm alright, I don't need anything from anybody. I can solve my own problems". How can something that is imperfect, perfect itself? I know..... and the argument goes on and on and it has for centuries and will continue until Jesus comes back and sets everything straight and right.

But honestly people how can we say that we are not flawed in our very essence, character? Look around you and tell me that "man" is getting better and better all the time. Better at killing one another, better at developing new ways of depravity, cruelty, hate, self destruction, selfishness, control over another,.......etc. Yes I agree that man has made great strides in science and ways of helping mankind. But at his very center, man is in need of a cure that he cannot provide for himself and that is why there is Christmas.... and Easter.

Just a little time spent on thinking about the eternal! WAKE UP!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment